Saturday, February 6, 2010

Something exciting!


Well hello to all my blog followers :) I have been chastised for not updating my blog, so I decided this morning I better do something about it! Its Saturday morning, and its raining... and I am quite content in my cozy bed. I don't have many things to report today, but I do have a few. As of last week, my total weight loss is 87 pounds. I am still getting my buns kicked at the gym, and that is paying off in inches more than pounds, and I am totally ok with that! I will be having a 2 month assessment next week sometime, so I will be sure to report those figures. Thursday and Friday night was our SCC conference at the church, so last week I decided that maybe I should do a lil shopping to see what I could find. Lately, shopping has been a lil depressing to me. The reason is because I am getting smaller, and I am almost too small for the chubby girls stores. Now I know that you are thinking, pshhh, that doesn't sound like a problem to me!!! But friends, it is a problem. I have been chubby as long as I can remember, and I only had a few stores that I shopped at because the shopping world does NOT accommodate chunkers... So I have been kind of scared. I keep thinking, where am I going to shop? It is such an odd feeling. I wandered around Macy's the other night thinking, I cant fit in this stuff, can I?? I decided to just try a few things on... When I slipped on a jacket from the REGULAR section on Macy's, and it not only went on easily, but buttoned with ease as well... I just stood there staring in the mirror. I was like wow... is this for real? I get compliments all the time, and yes, it does make me feel good, but in my mind, I am still fat. Which, I am... but I don't see myself as being able to wear regular girl clothes yet, but clearly, I am! Baby still got back, so I am not wearing the regular girl bottoms yet, but I am on my way. I am proud of myself, and now I am just trying to convince my mind that I actually am getting small. I lived so long in the chubby body, and the transition is difficult. Thank you so much for all your encouragement and compliments. I am so happy that I made the decision to get the lap-band. I understand that this is not for everyone, but it was the best thing I have ever done for myself, and I am so thankful this morning!!! I think Ill go have a protein shake, and get this day started. I am including a pic of "the jacket" that is not from the chubby girls section :) Ya!! Have a great day everyone :)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my sweet little Jenny,

You are looking soooo totally FAB!!! As your second mom, I can not put into words how proud I am of you. Keep up the good work. So glad you are going to the gym and gettin your buns kicked!!! YOU GO GIRL.
I think it is sorta funny, but the more weight and inches you lose, the more you and Amber could pass for sister.

Love ya bunches,
Your Texas mom
Sharon

Meagan Rowell said...

Woo woo!!! GO JENN!!!! :D

HG said...

YEAH Skinny Jen!!! THANKS for the update - finally, I am at peace. I'll be looking for at LEAST one update a month. PLEASE !! Some of us are saved & sanctified and don't do FB so this is the only way to keep up with the awesomeness that is YOU.

I am so very proud of you - keep up the good work.

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Much Hugs,

My Friends