Thursday, April 30, 2009

One Week Post-Op

I'm so sorry that I have not updated anything since my surgery! Face book has become my favorite past time and I have neglected my blog terribly! I know that the last time I updated I was just going into my pre-op diet. That went pretty well, after the first 5 days. Those first days were miserable for many different reasons that I will not divulge to you. After those days, I guess my stomach shrunk, and although I reallly wanted to eat, I wasn't miserably hungry. On the day of my surgery, last Wednesday the 22Nd, I had lost 13 pounds! So for all of you that are looking for a good diet... The liquid diet sure works! lol... Anyways, the surgery went well, the nurses were angels and I was home by 3 that afternoon. I had a few bad days after that because the pain was pretty bad. Most of my pain in the first day or two came from the CO2 gas they put in my body during the surgery. It affected my back and shoulders alot. I tried to come back to work on Tuesday, and that didn't really work out too well. I was just wiped out. Yesterday was my first full day at work, and I did OK. By the end of the day I was really tired though. I am still on the liquid diet, and I didn't really get my appetite back until Sunday, so i was a little weak. My band is empty right now. I will go to the doc on the 20th of May for my first fill. After that I should be able to eat regular food, and I cant wait! I am realllllly hungry these days, and the shakes are killing me! I weighed on Tuesday morning and I have lost another 3 pounds, so its minus 16! I promise that I will update more often... and I am going to start taking pics of my progress. I expect that after my fill on the 20Th I will be able to get back to my regular life of eating people food, and going to the gym. I know that will speed up the weight loss process. I'm so happy that I did this, and just pray that these next weeks of liquid/mushy foods will go by quick! Thank you all for your prayers and concerns over the last week. It has really meant alot to me!! Ta Ta for now!

1 comment:

Jason and Mari Rowell said...

Jen, thanks for the update. I haven't had a chance to talk to you but am glad you are doing good.

:-) Mari

My Friends