Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Morning Reflection

Well... its Saturday morning... I'm sitting in bed with a cup of coffee... and I'm content! I wish I could do this every morning. Typically I sleep until the last second and then bolt out of bed and get ready real quick and leave. Anyway, I was just sitting here reflecting on the last few days... and on the days to come. I cant believe I am going to have this lap band surgery in like 19 days. Last night I watched this video about the surgery. It told me what to expect before, during, and after the surgery. It was very interesting. I didn't get scared when I was watching it even though they talk alot about the risks involved. Thank God, I am a pretty healthy person, for being a chubby girl :). Being the chubby girl has been a life long struggle for me. Its in my genes... my whole family is overweight, except for my mom that is! I have been thinking... My brother and I both ONLY look like our dad... its like my mom wasn't even involved in us...but maybe, just maybe... underneath the chubbiness is a little woman like my mom! Time will tell! The research I have done says that I should lose about 2 pounds a week for the first year. According to my calculations that would be about 120 pounds in the first year... now THAT is exciting. I remember a few years ago, I lost 65 pounds on nutri-system. I cant tell you how good I felt! Now, I have gained about 20 of that back, which is just sick, but it seems like I will lose that pretty quick seeing that I will not be eating solid foods for about 6 weeks starting this Wednesday. I am going to attach my before and after pics from when I lost the weight on nutri-system just so you can get a little preview... I'm just excited! Please pray for me. I know this first two weeks especially is going to be super hard. I went to Costco last night and stocked up on protein powder, juice, jello and broth.... mmmm yummy LOL.... Anyways, Have a great day... Ill post again after my appointment with the doctor on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jason and Mari Rowell said...

Hi Jen, thanks for sharing...you are going to do great!!! :-)

Mari

My Friends