Thursday, August 13, 2009

Im being choked out!


Ok, so its been one week since my last adjustment, and I feel like I need to update my blog because it has been an eventful week as far as the lap-band goes. I used to go to the support group meetings and when the other patients would tell these horror stories about their struggles with eating, I would think, whats wrong with my band? I have no stories like that to tell! Well... This week I have gained SEVERAL stories to tell! For a few days after my adjustment I was on liquids only, but I started having issues even on liquids. I made a shake Saturday morning with 1/2 banana and a few frozen strawberries and it was too thick. I was unable to get it down. So, Jack had a "milk shake" lol... Needless to say I have tried to eat on several occasions but I am just struggling. When I eat something that doesn't go down well, I pay in a very painful way, and it usually ends up coming back up( graphic, I know). I attempted to eat a taco on Tuesday night, and that was the worst bout with getting sick that I have experienced so far. WOW, is all I can say. I was crying and everything. ( those of you that really know me would know that is no big surprise... I cry often) I have been a little depressed over it all because although I do want my band tighter so that I can eat less and lose more weight, but I would like to be able to eat more than one tiny bite at a time. I know you are probably reading this thinking wow, what a terrible thing to go through... But I'm doing ok. Its a complete change of mindset. I have to re-learn how to eat as a "banded" person. Today I am doing better. The key is that I have to eat very slow, and take very small bites, and of course ( like my mom says) CHEW CHEW CHEW. I have also learned another secret. The more "sauce" you can put on food, the easier it goes down.Sauces are not your friend though because of the calories and fat involved in them, so salsa is my new friend. It is good for you, and it moistens everything up. I have not attempted to eat meat yet, and I don't know how that will go. I am a lil scared to try it, but if I never try it, I will never know! These are just a few hurdles in the road. I am still very happy that I had this surgery, and I am excited to look back in a year or so and see how far I have come. Yesterday I had a puke free day, and today so far... no puking! So I am not complaining :) Ill update you all next week and hopefully I can give a victory report about more pounds vanishing forever :) Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

My Friends