Sunday, August 30, 2009

Landmarks are good!




I haven't updated in a few weeks so I thought that I better post an update. This blog has proved to be inspirational to me, as well as to others, and that makes me feel pretty good about it. Its always encouraging to look back and see how far I have come. I graduated from Upland High in 1996, yes, I know that was eons ago. Anyways, UHS has a website set up so that everyone can keep in touch ( before FB exploded) and I had posted some pics on there probably 9 years ago. I randomly went to that website the other day and I was shocked to see the pics that I had posted. Of course since all your high school friends would be seeing these pics, I would have chosen the "best" ones to put up. I was literally as big as the side of a house.... I'm going to post the picture because I cant even believe it! I remember that night... I felt pretty...but looking back on it... all I looked was chubby... I know that I have a long ways to go, but wow... that pic was sooooo inspirational to me because it showed the progress that I have made so far. Also... as of this morning I have lost 61 pounds! On September 7th it will be 5 months since I started this journey, and I think I have done really well... I am also pretty confident that I am on track to lose 100 pounds by April 22nd, 2010... I went on a much needed shopping trip yesterday afternoon, and I was pleasantly surprised at the sizes I was able to wear ;) I have had some rough days since April 7th when I started my pre-op diet... but wow has it ever been worth it! I haven't thrown up all week... and I have been able to eat ok... I am learning more and more to be more aware of what I am putting in my mouth. If i don't pay attention, that's when I pay for it. Its just a change in your way of thinking. Of course, I have my flaws... I am not doing good with my water drinking... I have to work on that... and I am not exercising faithfully.... that's not good... I have to work on that too because my body is changing so rapidly... and its turning into a body I have never been before... nothing has ever jiggled on me LOL... and i have some jiggly parts now LOL... I'm just being real!!


This week will be an exciting one for sure. My best friend Kristy is about to have a baby. She is scheduled for an induction on Tuesday morning. She has asked me to be with her when she delivers the baby, and I feel very honored to be a part of this. Some people that I have told have had mixed responses, but I think its probably going to be the most beautiful thing I have ever witnessed in my life. The miracle of life has always amazed me, and everyone knows how I feel about babies :) I cannot wait to see baby Nolan's grand entrance into this world :) I pray that Kristy's labor and delivery goes well with no kinks... I will try to post another blog after he arrives...


I have also scheduled a trip to Texas for the end of October. I have been having that "itch" to get out of town lately and so I just made a spur of the moment decision and im going. Of course Jack and my mom are coming too... and I am so looking forward to seeing my family in Texas...


I think that's it for now... I'm gonna post a few pics for your viewing pleasure :) Catch ya on the flip side!!

1 comment:

HG said...

You look awesome Jennifer! I am SO proud of you, and so happy for your success.

Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
HG

My Friends