Friday, December 5, 2008

Fat Jiffy


I wouldnt say that I am well versed on the affairs of our world, but MSN is my homepage and I like to read the 'weird news" category because those stories interest me much more than the stories about our new president elect.( I won't EVEN go there) Anyways... you have to read this story. After you read it I have a few things to say about it:

Dog frozen to sidewalk; fat helped it survive
Shelter workers uses warm water to free it; owner arrested

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - A dog weighing more than 120 pounds survived being frozen to a sidewalk overnight, probably because he was insulated by layers of fat, authorities said.
The Sheboygan County Humane Society says the "morbidly obese" dog, an aging border collie mix named Jiffy, froze to the sidewalk when he was left out overnight Wednesday. Shelter manager Carey Payne says few dogs could survive the single-digit temperatures, and it was probably the fat that made the difference.
Jiffy's 59-year-old owner was arrested Thursday morning on suspicion of animal neglect, Sheboygan Police Lt. Tim Eirich said. She told police she tried to get the dog inside but couldn't, and instead checked on him every few hours.The dog is 11 or 12 years old, Eirich said. Shelter workers poured warm water over Jiffy's back end to unstick him from the sidewalk, Payne said, and it was too soon to say whether he suffered any long-term effects.
Now, I am on a never ending weight loss journey, but this email lifted my spirits. I always think to myself, WHY did the Lord allow some people to be fat, and why me??? This explained it... Please note the portion of the article where it says "the fat made the difference" So.... my point is... in SOME instances, the fat does make the differnce :) ( I still wanna be skinny though)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Marion said...

Jenny Whenny....this was a weird story. I am like you about the news. It's mostly depressing and so I try not to read to much of it. However... I do like the funny and weird stories on MSN (also my home page). This one is really pretty sad I guess, except your comments made me crack up. My sister and I were just commenting about you yesterday. We think you are beautiful just the way you are. I would never want to get stuck to a sidewalk though, I can tell you that! Poor lil pooch. What was the silly lady coming to check on him for? To see if he was frozen yet! They should have arrested her too!

Marion

My Friends