Thursday, December 4, 2008

My First Blog experience


Well.... here goes nothin! Today I was browsing various blogs and I thought that its about time that I join this blogging world! What really inspired me was all the blogs about how thankful people are at this time of the year. I really need to be part of this. It was so inspiring, and I even had to wipe a few tears away when I was reading some of the blogs. So I will start off my new blogging life by writting about the things that I am thankful for. Tis the season, so I might as well spread a little of my joy around right???

Here is what I am thankful for. It is not listed in order of importance, but as it pops into my little brain:

* God's never ending love and mercy

* Parents that love me, and each other unconditionally. Parents who never beat me( very hard) and taught me to be a good, caring, pleasant person.Specifically my dad, who is the best man I know. He loves his family and will do anything he has to in order to provide for us. My mom, a praying woman who isnt afraid to "tell it like it is" I wish I could be more like her at times.

*the chocolate chip cookie in my purse that I forgot about until right now

*Kristy Clark(Rowell) the best friend I could ever ask for. How lucky am I that I get to work one cube away from my best friend every day. Thats pretty lucky :)

* Jonathan, my brother who I am so proud of that even as I type my eyes well up with tears. He is a good man, a good husband,a great brother and son, and a honorable fireman who saves lives and calms fears every single day. I pray for a husband with his qualities all the time.

* Laura, the wonderful sister in law that God has blessed me with. Sometimes I feel like she is the calm in our family because we have a tendancy to get worked up, but she is always the same and I love her!

* Sugar, my kitten... even as she runs laps around me and stops to eat some cardboard, she makes me smile when I come home after a long day.

* Inland Kenworth- I have an incredible job, with an incredible boss who has been so good to me over the last almost 6 years.

* Im thankful that in exactly one year I will be DONE with my bachelors degree!!! Chapman University is the BOMB :)

* My bed... I made a pricey investment a few years ago and bought a GOOD mattress... the BEST thing i have ever financed in my life. Im looking at it right now, and I cant wait to climb in!

* Im thankful for a pastor and wife in my life that believes in me, and looks beyond my faults and sees my potential.

* I cant forget about Jack Boggs. This little boy has changed my life. He brings so much joy to my life, and I would do ANYTHING to ensure that his every need is met. I love him to death

* an INCREDIBLE extended family.... I am soooo lucky to have the family that the Lord has given me...

* my little house... its so cute... and cozy, and warm right now thanks to my little heater. I am thankful for my brother and sis in law allowing my dad to build this place for me. I even have an armored guard!! ( ask Jonathan about that one)

* FRIENDS. You cant make it in life without friends, and I feel awfully blessed to have the ones that I do. I wouldnt say that I have a HUGE circle of friends, but the ones that I have are true, and thats all I need :)

* Im thankful for deoderant and toothpaste. They make the world a more comfortable place for everyone. oh ya, also hair products. You really wouldnt stand next to me if i didnt use hair products becuase its not pretty... so I am so thankful for that LOL

* I am thankful for trials. I know that sounds weird, but my trials have made me stronger. I have learned things about myself in the last two years that have been hard things to learn, but Im so thankful now that I am on the other side.I am even thankful for the person who caused me hurt... because this person taught me so much about myself without even knowing it.I dont hate this person, and Im not bitter towards them, but they will get whats coming to them someday. You reap what you sew... So please remember to sew good and kind things, its always worth it! On the other side of the trial, the Lord has truely healed my emotions and heart, and I am forever indebted to him !

....... well, thats all i have for now.... I am a very blessed person... God is good to me... and Im soooooooo greatful!!!!!!!!!!!!Sure I have some bad days, but we all do, its called life. But I do love this life, and I wouldnt trade it... Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.I love you all very much... I have to go get Sugar because she is currently on top of my refrigerator.. yikes!! ( but yes, I am still thankful for her!)

1 comment:

The Rowell Bunch said...

Hello Jenn,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the blogging world:)

Love Ya,

Nicole Rowell

My Friends